Thursday 9 July 2009

Good News and Bad News

Well kiddies we've got some good news and bad news. Good news...my bathroom now looks like this (I know it's only a day later, but I'm a bit behind on the post SORRY!)



I have to say that despite black tiles being very difficult to clean and our builder basically threatening to charge us £6,000 per tile if we ever use make him do another bathroom with them I do think they look the best. Plus look at that amazing shower. The two shelves inside are fab, though I haven't been allowed to put anything on them yet. I just hope Dom used my bottle of Pantene Pro V as a minimum height because as I've told him more than once that shower is all mine (despite the fact that it is big enough to house half of Eastern Europe). I've been allowing him to use it because frankly after a couple of days he gets a bit whiffy and the tub has been used more for storage and less for bathing. We've still go lots of finishing touches to do in here, but I think it's looking pretty snazzy.


More good news we've got some progress downstairs as well!! Here's what it looks like. We've got a real floor down and started to do the painting as well. We decided to go for a wood floor because it stays a lot warmer in the winter than tile and frankly I get cold enough without having to stand on a floor that is basically ice coated pottery. Ick!



Here's another view of the kitchen while my lovely hubby yelling at Ikea for not delivering our kitchen the first time (I've never dealt with a bigger group of idiots). But on a good note I'm very happy by how bright it is in the kitchen.


Now despite the fact that it all looks light and lovely with these floors we are not going for Scandinavian chic so the floors will be stained DARK brown. So guess who because of a past experience with the flat gets to job of doing this. ME! Not that I care because I would be backseat staining if Dom did it. Sad, but true. I'm way too nosy to accept that he can do something he's completely capable of doing. Now ramble aside here is my experiment with getting the floor boards the right dark colour and seeing which stain and method I liked best (the brown one on the bottom won).

Now for the bad news.......my dining room ceiling now looks like this:


Just a little note to self to NEVER EVER EVER use a builder I don't know anything about and who has not been used by anyone you know. His plumbing was horrible and we had a leak and the only thing that saved the ceiling from coming down on our lovely dining room furniture is the horrible wallpaper (I don't think even the 1970s would be willing to have this stuff back) and the twelve layers of badly chosen paint on top.


Anyways I would say the end is in sight, but having survived between this point and the present I know that was a long dark tunnel where I almost thought about killing my builder...more than once.






No comments:

Post a Comment