Friday 10 July 2009

The beginnings of a kitchen



Well at long last Ikea have finally decided to show up with our kitchen...slight problem they delivered two. Now I'm all for a bit of good karma, and this is definitely good by the amount of stuff we screwed up, but really why does karma have to fill up my living room and hallway? Anyways here is our lovely patch on our dining room ceiling...not sure which looked better before or after.The bathroom is pretty much the same, but during our third round of major trash disposal I couldn't face the remenants of hideous red carpet anymore. Not only was it just plan ugly, but it was also filthy now. Since it was not worth wasting a good clean we just ripped it out and our stairs now look like this (and will probably remain this way for some time).


I would love to say the some part of it is original but I don't think MDF was around in the 1820s....


Now onto the main event: downstairs. As I said earlier IKEA gave us two kitchens and if you wondered what 190 boxes and bits from IKEA looks like here you go:



You can't see my couch, but you can see our nicely finished kitchen floors here. I think they turned out really well despite the fact I think I pinched a nerve during the 9 hours it took to do the first coat of stain. Beauty is painful. And after a days painful labor this is what we got. That's our new microwave (yay hot food) and our espresso maker. Boys must have their toys...

Luckily the kitchen has continued to go in, but god it took a lot of pain, swearing, effort and grumpy moods to get where we are today. Will put more photos up soon so you can see how it looks now.

Ps. Note to IKEA since you don't really seem all that bothered about getting your stuff back I hope you don't mind if EBAY has it. I think you owe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment