Monday 8 June 2009

And for my next trick...

Well no sooner did we finish with the spare room (I promise pictures soon) then I decided I enjoyed locking myself all weekend in sweaty steamy rooms. So I dragged out the Steam Master and attached our room. Quite frankly anything that was painted those two colours (see before pictures below) was asking for it.




Unfortunately my lovely furniture does not go with baby sh*t brown so it all had to go....the carpet, cupboards, the randome shelf covering the chimney, the shelf that actually wasn't attached to the wall, the ceiling...anything that was there when we moved in really. I've never felt such hatred towards paint before.

Now despite our best efforts we've only gotten 90% of the way through our room. We have no carpet (very rural french chic) and something that doesn't really count as cupboards. So despite having most of my clothes in bags I think it is a big improvement. Plus my lovely husband is all ready to finish off our custom cupboards when the builders finally get out of my house! Here are the part way through pics.




Just a note of apology to anyone on the buses that stop right outside my house. I'm sorry we don't have curtains and you might occassionally see more than you want to. But you're the sicko looking in...you get what you ask for.



1 comment: