Wednesday 11 November 2009

Thanksgiving debate #1

Well Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching and the debates are starting up in our house. How many people can we have? Who has to clean the house before? That type of thing.

My general feeling on the holiday is that it's much more about family because day to day I'm very thankful for my friends. I also feel like you can invite as many people as you have supplies for. This doesn't just mean how much food, but how many plates, forks, glasses and more importantly tables and chairs you have. Now we're pretty standard with a dining table for six. Now considering that we normally feed a small army of 13 it's always a bit of a scramble to find enough space without reverting to the camping chairs.

This year I'm determined not to end up using my in-laws rickety card tables that have to be put onto books in order to make them the same height as the main dining table. After all there really isn't a kid's table at ours yet (that is unless you break some of my china which will automatically land you with paper plate and plastic fork). So I've been on the hunt for something that can solve our space problem and stick hide away quite well for the rest of the year when we don't have these massive gatherings.  Even better would be something that we could use as outside furniture when summer comes around in about six months.

The basic list is pretty short: wood, space saving, not too expensive, comes with chairs. Here is what I came up with
PhotoGallery.aspx.jpgJohn Lewis £190



unknown.jpgIkea £89
I also found a table on Debenham's website which is £151 with six chairs.  You can see it here http://www.debenhams.com

Although these are all pretty good options knowing us we'll just end up borrowing my brother in law's table and chairs for the day. For a small rental fee in turkey and sides of course.
spacer.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment