Saturday 10 July 2010

7 weeks to go!

I counted this week and we only have 7 weeks to go till the builders arrive! Exciting and terrifying at the same time. So this weekend has been glorious sunshine with no clouds and hot hot weather which makes me very happy. Despite this I am doing what I'm always doing....scrambling around the backyard while hubby is destroying something trying to make sense of chaos. Seriously if the idea of blood and guts didn't make me queasy I'd be right there in the ER sorting stuff out!

Adventure of the weekend (this is a big thing for guys judging by the awed expressions on two of our friends we had over for dinner tonight) was the pneumatic demolition "drill". It's kind of like a jackhammer and some psychotic torture instrument. It's great at chewing through concrete though. So we spent most of the day pulling up the path and trying to break up the hard packed backyard. Tomorrow for day two of DEMOLITION SOUTH LONDON will be going after the support posts that used to hold up the decking. Here's how it looked this afternoon.





Good news though. I convinced hubby that we should just pay for a professional to redo the fence. Phew! Now to just get everything else done....Anyone got a Motrin?

No comments:

Post a Comment