Wednesday 5 May 2010

Getting in the summer spirit

Well spring has sprung here in London and then promptly fled for the hills as the cold weather came back! That hasn't dampened my determination to actually use my back garden this year as something more than a builder's dumping ground (much to my husbands dismay). So there goes my sudden obsession with bright colours and outdoor furniture. As you may know I'm a big entertainer and love nothing more than filling my house to bursting point with friends. 

So I've started to look around for a stylish table and chair set that will let me entertain lots of people while also being stylish and an addition to the backyard not a space absorber. Here are two that I love:
I really love how the seats form a circular banquette which gives it a very different feel, but also means that no one is out on a limb and it's space efficient. Definitely a plus when you are having friends and family over and you have a city garden. Plus with what looks like space for eight you can definitely fit plenty of people around.

The second option I totally love is from Crate and Barrel made of nice sturdy aluminum. While I'm much more of a wood person myself I really love the colors. Seriously enough to brighten even a slightly cloudy afternoon. Plus I think it has just enough of the girly touches to please most without having to resort to bribing the other half to allow it to live in the garden.

Now I just need to find something that won't break the bank!

2 comments:

  1. I like the first choice - saves on space and looks quite fun for an entertaining night with you and Dom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like both sets, I would go with the first one. The first one is very classic, so you can dress up the table or make it fun with bright cushions (if that's the aspect you like most about the second set). It is also a really great set for evening get togethers whereas the second set hints at it being more for daytime use (as hinted by the umbrella) Plus it's a space saver!!! That's my vote :)

    ReplyDelete