Friday 14 May 2010

Adventures in Green

The other night while eating dinner I was looking around and trying to imagine what the dining room will look like when it is all finished and opened out. In my mind it is light and bright and most likely green. I know most people think of deep reds and other similar shades when thinking of a dining room, but our dining room is going to be too small and the only thing I like red about my dinner is the center of my steak.

Our hallway in our flat was green (check first post for an image) and we're probably going to go for something similar in the upstairs landing. Since the dining room is open to the stairs it make sense that it's the same color. Feeling particularly grand I started browsing the Farrow & Ball website for possible options (both green and a few not green).

What I love about Farrow & Ball is not only that it has really lovely historical colors with many based on 18th and 19th century wallpaper and paint colours, but they also have the best descriptions. For example: "Colour No. 81. This colour is lively both by day and candlelight." Candlelight? Was this brochure written pre-electricity...I now demand only candlelit dinners because it makes my walls look good. I digress
Here are some of my favorite options (love the names):
Vert de Terre
French Gray                              Pale Hound
And if the room was bigger:
 Breakfast Room Green                   Cat's Paw 

No comments:

Post a Comment