Sunday 13 February 2011

The kitchen floor

Well not the most imaginative title ever, but quite nice all the same. Tells you exactly what you're going to get in this post. More whittering on about the kitchen floor. Now you may not remember that many months ago when the kitchen we finished I spent hours staining them. The only problem was that the perfectionist that I married wasn't quite happy with the color and when we started finishing all the rest of the wood floors he decided these had to be redone to match. 

Now grumble I did because I knew exactly who would be spending back breaking hours crouched on their hands and knees doing this task and all I could see was acres of bare wood. Still for marital bliss and knowing that I was going to lose the argument anyways I agreed. So in came the sander and off came the stain.  We've now used the same stain as the rest of the downstairs and are actually much happier with the result. Because the product we used actually sinks into the wood you get a nice dark color without loosing the wood grain.  

I hate it when he's right. ;) Here are some photos:

 
 The bare wood post-sanding


Our Skadinavian Chic kitchen (temporarily)

 The stained wood pre-varnish


The final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment