Sunday 31 October 2010

All change please all change

Well I know I promied more photos so here are a few more. The dining room has finally been painted or at least most of the walls have. There is still tons to do, but here's how it looks at the moment.

This last weekend has been a backbreaking struggle with the devil that is the floor sander. Let's just say that after yesterday I felt like I was 80. Plus with all the dust I think I inhaled half my floor and was definitely a whiter shade of pale (and for me that's pretty hard to do). So check out the floors in the pictures. We're really pleased with how they've turned out. Now all we have to do is stain them and varnish them. I'll give you one guess whose job that is....  Book my walker now there is now way I'm standing up straight before December.



The eagle eyes amongst you may notice that the evil taskmaster which is my husband decreed that the already stained and varnished floor of the kitchen had to be stripped as well so it could be redone to match the rest of the house. I'm sure all you lovely readers can imagine my delighted face at that. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go die from coughing.

Ps. Despite furniture reappearing downstairs the builders are still here. Their list is getting shorter, but they still haven't finished. Their welcome has never been more worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment