Saturday 21 August 2010

The Builders Cometh Soon (aka let the panic begin)

Well I know it's been a while since I've posted, but this is because the house is, and has been for a couple of week, in complete chaos. Now most of you will know that I don't use this word lightly. Currently the iMac is being used as the tv in our bedroom (who knew I could watch almost all of Time Team online!) and it is a bit hard to type when I can barely see the keyboard. Also, we've been trying to find the right guy to sort out the fence, ripping out shelving, stripping wall paper, packing up most of our worldly goods downstairs and a million other things in preparation for the builders.

So there has been much hard grafting and grumbling going on in the household of late. Spending nine hours steaming wallpaper while hubby is sunning himself in France with a cider in his hand does not lead to marital bliss. It does lead to a reallly derelict looking living room though! I have now realised that my dining room was at one point baby blue and before that a particularly grim shade of green. the good news is that the space feels humongous after ripping out the cupboards. Here are some after pics:
        

And the after shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment